Thursday, June 28, 2012

Guatemala


At the end of April, Nate got a phone call that would change his life... J/K maybe not change his life but add a little something to it. 
His work had been planning a Humanitarian project to Guatemala. It took a year of planning and about 50 people from Academy were lucky enough to go. They'd be pulling teeth, providing health care, building schools and water reservoirs among other things.
 Nate's oldest brother Josh was the dentist that was invited. 5 days before departure, Nate gets a call from his brother inviting him to come along on the 9 day adventure. He'd be assisting Josh with the dental work. Nate called work and talked to the Pres. of the company who just so happens to be a long time family friend. just to make sure that he wouldnt be stepping on any toes if he tagged along. All was most definitely approved, and I obliged!
Although I had my concerns about Nate leaving for that long, I would have felt like the WORST little wifey ever if I did not let him go..
SO with 5 days to prepare, we managed to fit everything in and still made it possible to get to the design center to pick out the exterior color and stone for our house!
WOW.. definitely a whirlwind. Then the day finally came for him to leave. UGH
So the kids and I had some activity planning to do.


Wheeler Farm is fantastic and FREE.. Did I mention its FREE??
The kids loved every moment while we were there and feeding the ducks were top on the list.


Hyde was in Heaven. Being able to let loose and run around just made his day.


He tried to feed those duckies, but more of the bread ended up in his mouth than the ducks..


Brother moment.. Man I miss that little guys killer Mohawk.. Coasten's too..


I was thrilled that new baby animals were out and about. I guess Spring is the time to see them if you want the cute animals!


Taking off.. Catch me if you can, I'm on the run.


Coast loves everything Nature, so he was right at home in his element!


After the Farm, Nana and Gramps took the whole family to Chuck-a-rama per Coasten's request. He sees their commercials and has decided that the food looks FAB. We met up with Jenni and her kiddos, Matt and the kids, and Nana and Gramps. It was fun and SO nice to talk with Adults again after a LONG week..
I was surprised that we didnt get out and do more. A couple day into this journey, I came down with a HORRIBLE sinus infection. That in itself made days just drag. Thankfully Nate called one night and Josh was able to call in a ZPAC for me.. Surely HEAVEN sent. I would have never made it otherwise. A few nights I put the kids to bed at 7:30 and crashed. That helped too.
After the 9 days we were sure happy to have Daddy come home. And I felt like the wife of the year for letting him go without even a complaint! 
Next time its my turn... 

No comments:

Post a Comment