Thursday, June 14, 2012

The BIG one


We did it...... FINALLY! 
After almost 7 years of Marriage, 2 Open Heart Surgeries, A mouth full of dental implants, Job changes, 2 Beautiful Children, School, 5 different moves into apartments, and a Bazillion of other unexpected life events. 
We are building our VERY 1st Home..



We started really getting serious about House hunting at the beginning of this year. I think both Nate and I were thinking that we wouldn't need to search very long before finding THE ONE! After looking at close to 100 homes every weekend being full of disappointment and always going back to a certain neighborhood. I located new homes/new development that were more the style that I was dreaming about..
Base price was killer, which meant that we'd have a lot more money to put into up-grades..
We have now finalized on everything exterior and interior (which was a BLAST) and ground breaking date is scheduled for mid July and move in date is scheduled for late October beginning of November. I cannot tell you how beyond thrilled I am to finally have a place we can call our own. No more sharing walls or ceilings, having everyone else know our business, or having to ask a Landlord when/if we can fix or change something to the rental space!!
I feel FREE..
Sounds lame right that someone can feel that way? But I do... Completely!

Thanks Tony Kettlering for all of your kindness and patience.. AAANNNDDD my pickiness! 
You are terrific:)

I am so excited to show pictures of our place as it goes through the process, and of course all of the interior decorating that I've already started in my head! Love interior design..

6 comments:

  1. YAY!!! That is soooo exciting! I can't wait to see all the details, I'm sure the house is going to be darling. You have such a natural style!

    I can definitely say it is AMAZING not sharing walls with anyone. After renting and living in the condo for 7 years, we have been thrilled to have our own place. So happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SOOOOO awesome!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is so exciting. I am way happy for you guys. Ps... your boys are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE LOVE YOU!!! WE DON'T HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF HYDE???? EXCITED FOR YOUR NEW HOUSE. G.MA SMITH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shana! I am so stinking excited for you! FINALLY! I'm so excited to see where it is and pics of developments and best of all...let the decorations begin! Oh how much fun you will have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so exciting!!! with your mad style it is sure to be a show stopper!

    ReplyDelete