Tuesday, January 17, 2012

M.I.A

Cough, cough!... I am so sorry, I must have caught the "Unmotivated" Bug!
These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of excitement and activities that I have DESPERATELY needed to recover from.
So now that we are a couple weeks into the new year, I guess it's about time to update my blog with tales from our Holiday Season..
So above is our little fam completely exhausted form standing in a 2 hour line to see the Man In Red..
He really is such a Jolly Man.. So sweet with kids and adults alike. He must have been sweating like crazy in his suit while holding millions of excited/nervous/screaming little ones! Good man..
Coasten asked for a "riding motorcycle", and an IPad for his Momma (Santa musta forgotten about me, Ugh:( .... Oh gotta love him!

Mom, we are so close... So close.. Cant contain myself any longer!

Just before leaving the house to visit Santa.. This is Coasten these days and the faces I get while trying to take a picture..

Hyde... Completely enthralled!

Christmas Morning.. Santa did come!

The loot

Probably the cutest rocking horse I've ever seen

Hyde loves carrying that microphone around singing... Darling

Coast wearing his new Monkey hat from Santa

Hyde got a twinner hat too... Santa must know that Mommy likes matching clothing/accessories for the boys while they dont care..

I was FINALLY able to surprise Nate this year. I got the family a Christis! I have NO idea why it has taken us this long to have a statue of the Savior in our home.. WE LOVE IT! Nate was so impressed..

Coast's big gift this year was his Leapster Explorer.. Worth every penny!

Pup's big gift this year.. The rocking horse. It moves and makes noise! And he just loves it..

Christmas Eve at my parents home.. Pictures are not taken all that often of our little family, so any excuse to take a picture and I am all over it..
Oh wait, a child is missing!

Oh there he is..

My little niece taking pictures of me by my parents tree!

My Dad with the Hyde man playing the piano

Minney Mozart.. My boys love playing the piano! You can bet your bottom dollar that they will be taking lessons..
Nothing is more attractive than a man playing the piano.. Am I wrong??

Christmas Eve at Nate's parents house.. All of the cousins act out the Nativity.. One of my favorite activities.. It is so cute to see all of the grandkids being so cooperative during the Nativity.. They've got to be feeling the Spirit..
Macy was Mary, Milo was Joseph, Uncle Jake Coasten Parker and Hyde were Shepherds, and Abby and Saige were the Angels.. A doll was the baby Jesus but really that role could have been given to baby Spence..

Coasten LOVES the singing, he was all over it!

Mr. Cheese

Nate was forced to open his gift from his bro Josh (he gets TOO excited) on Christmas Eve.. A watch that he has been drooling over!

The boys in their jammies that they opened on Christmas Eve

My family at my parents home on Christmas early afternoon..

Coast and I matching! We actually do that fairly often.. Think he'll be embarrassed when he's older??

Opening presents.. Super handsome

Hyde actually really enjoyed the gift opening this year..

Oh that face..

So so handsome.. I adore that 3 1/2 year old face

Nate's little bro Jake and our new sis-in-law Lindsey, were married in the Salt Lake Temple on December 27th.. Beautiful wedding with GREAT style.. I am so sad that I didn't take any photos, Linds looked AMAZING in her lace dress and her decor was awesome.. These were our required outfits for the reception, Apple green, Ivory, and Chocolate Brown!! Linds bought all of the girls these dresses from Shabby Apple and the men's ties and shirts... Yes, I know that Hyde does not have a belt on, I kinda ran out of time to buy one!! O well right?

Should have untucked Hyde's shirt...

I turned the big 28 on December 30th.... Yeah don't remind me... I'm getting up there!
So Coast took pictures of me that evening so that I could document this day..

My Hubs (love you) NEVER takes pictures of me OR of myself with the kids, so I quite possibly will not remember this portion of my life! Anyone else's husbands not take pictures??

So excited..

We were lucky enough to have Josh and Jenn watch our kiddos while we satisfied my craving for crab legs at Joe's.... YUMM! Eric, Ash and baby Reagan met us there.
LOVE our friends..

New Year's Eve was spent at our friends the Poulsens.. They have 2 daughters Katelyn who just turned 4 (on my B-Day) and Brooklyn who is 3 months younger than Hyde! We all went to Elmentary, Jr. High and High school together.. We love them

Playing a fun Disney game..

At 11:00 we had the kids celebrate the New Year.. We did not know how long they'd last!! Turnes out, they stayed up past midnight right along with us!! We had a great time full of yummy fondues sparkling ciders and a little Henry Weinharts..

Eric and Ash's 1st born daughter Reagan was blessed the following Sunday.. Coasten loves holding this girl.. Who knows maybe he knows something we dont.. Wink wink!

Hydes loves blinds. Perma finger and mouth prints all over...
His cuteness helps control the anger! lol

See again with the silliness.. At least I was able to get part of that cute face with those amazing Jr Mint eyes!!

More piano please! Oh those teefers.. Sigh


This one is sure getting bigger by the minute. It amazes me at how tech saavy these children are these days! I'm pretty sure they have now started coming wired for this kind of stuff.. He really teaches me how to do things.. So I'm pretty sure we'll keep him, Mommy needs the lessons. Ha ha..
Well Cheers to 2012! I really have the "feeling" that this year has many adventures in store for us! That or I'm hoping and praying for it..
Love you all

5 comments:

  1. so much goodness! what a fun christmas--and happy birthday cute chick! love all the picts of your cute fam~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking to myself this morning "When in the world is Shana going to blog again?!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. It's about time you updated. Fun to see your perspective of the seasons events. You guys are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is so darling! Looks like you guys had a great holiday season! Happy birthday. You look like you are rockin' 28! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys had a pretty awesome Christmas! Such a cute rocking horse-what a great find! I think I'm going to need to borrow Coast and have him start taking photos of me. He does such a good job! I think it's amazing how smart kids are with gadgets. My nieces and nephews are always all over my phone and they know how to do everything.

    ReplyDelete