Wednesday, December 21, 2011

6 Years

We really needed to get away, and by "We" I mean "I".. So for our Anniversary (Dec. 20th) we decided to stay at a favorite of ours, The Zermatt Resort in the Lovely Midway, UT.
I fancy the fact that there is almost nothing to do up there, I really just wanted to swim, hot tub, eat, and lay around..
Getting out of the Haze was an attraction too..

We ate at this little BBQ place that just so happened to have The Bestest Creme Brulee Hottie I've EVER tasted.. Something about Hot Milk before kind of made my stomach churn a little.. It was completely worth all 4 dollars, and I'm pretty sure it tasted even better because it was served in an enormous cup and saucer! Yumm
So... I think steamed milk is my new FAV!

Can't ya just taste it??

This is my "Hottie", he got Mexican Hot Chocolate.. Also worth every penny!

I am a Salsa FREAK, I LOVE this stuff.. I would sometimes just go to Chili's to order JUST the Salsa and chips.. I'm positive the waiter spit in the food cause I only ordered that!! Well, I've got news for you, that saliva was HEAVENLY!
LOL
PS. This restaurant had an awesome Salsa bar..

My Tamales, Chicken, shreaded beef, and chili's and cheese.. Add a gallon of Chaulua and it was amazing.. I adore SPICY food!

Off to the pool...
I love swimming and relaxing in the Hot Tub

One day I will own a King sized bed.. What is it about Nice Hotels and the coziness of the beds, so fluffy!
Next year we will definitely spend 2 nights, 1 is NEVER quite enough time away! And yes, we did goo and check out the HGTV Dream Home Giveaway house, this year it's in Utah! They never fail in Awesomness..
So Happy Anniversary Nath, somehow it feels more like 12 years than 6, (in a good way). Wonder why it would feel that way!! Hmm.. Lol
Love your guts..

So Coastens Pre School is located right by an Elk Farm, these are HUGE suckers.. This doesn't even do it justice! I'd definitely be scared running into one of these in the wilderness..

Not to long ago we woke up to an entire valley covered in frost. It looked amazing, I wish I took a picture of how beautiful it was.. So later in the day, this was the best shot I could get!!

Finally a whole view of our Christmas tree.. I have a feeling it might change yearly!

Glitter Blast! I dont know if any of you have used this stuff, but it is horrible! I LOVE the Idea of glitter spray paint so I thought I'd give it a try.. I comes in the most amazing colors and for Holiday decor it was a must have!! I bought ugly simple round ornaments from the DI back in September with the idea in mind that I'd use this Glitter Blast to re-vamp them for my tree this year.. Not sure if it was just the color I'd purchased but after shaking the can for a few minutes only a clear liquid came out with the occasional puff of glitter, followed by a continual spray that would not stop. So I went and exchanged this 9 dollar can of paint for another one thinking that it was a fluke, but... it wasn't! I at least got 4 finished... Cant say that I saved a whole lot, I should have just purchased already glitter-fied ornaments. It cost the exact same! Anywho...

We have had this 6 Ft skinny Alpine tree since the first Christmas we were married, I love it but have to admit that I am SUPER excited to have a HUGE Christmas tree one day!

We made Reindeer food the other day.. Coasten was thrilled to help make it and is so excited for Christmas to come!! Sis-in-Laws, dont make ANY because I made some for ALL of the kiddos!!

Gotta have glitter

Hyde helped us too, major meltdowns were in sight if he wasn't involved..
Don't notice all of my laundry in the back ground, I'd much rather make Reindeer food! Household work can wait..

Awe the final product. Santa's Reindeer are definitely in for a treat!
Made with LOVE

I braved the crowds at the mall a couple of days ago. I went on a rampage trying to find some Ivory/Cream Lace tights for the wedding! Hello fancy and not so fancy retail stores, why in the world dont you carry lace tights in IVORY??! So Coast was thrilled when we passed Santa's Mailbox at Macy's. He wrote a lovely letter to the big man, he was literally grinning from ear to ear! Oh he is so much fun...

Suckers are the WORST thing ever invented, lets just say I hate them when it comes to kids... STICK everywhere, ugh... But in instances were I have to brave the MALL, candy on a stick is a MUST... Hyde was amazing for 15 min..

Bought this blazer for the wedding 15 bucks at Forever 21, and those black skinny's $10:50!! WOW, I'm sold!

It seems that I am obsessed with Instagram, any excuse to take a picture now, I am all over it.. And yes, I am aware that my house was a complete disaster!
See the fridge full of Holiday photos/cards? I need a cute way to display them next year. Any fun and unique ideas? I'd love to hear about some..

The banners I made for the wedding that's coming up in a few, they were so fun to make. I cant wait to see it all set up!

Another view, the flag banner is not really that green! Wouldn't that bow banner be darling in a little girls bedroom/nursery??

And the burlap and felt roses in mason jars. Yes, those are sticks from the back yard!!
They took longer to make than I thought, but this stuff awakens my senses, I crave it..

I love them and I think it all turned out how I envisioned..
Cant wait to see it all at the reception..
Thanks Linds for letting me help with the decor:)

I think I might start doing tutorials in my little bloggy.. I have a brain that runs on overdrive when it comes to decorating and projects of every kind. Something to look forward to in the New Year! Happy Holidays Everyone

8 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens Shan you have been busy. First off- steamed milk is heaven sent- did you know they sell it at 7-11!? Yep it's good too. 2nd- Im a salsa lover too- please Lets go get milk and salsa and have a girls night!!! I mean it!

    Love the crafts, the photos, everything. You are great

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, there's like, one thing on your counter and your house is a disaster?? Hahaha. I'll take that disaster over my houses disasters anytime!

    I am in love with your decor for the wedding!! YES! Tutorials are in order. You're fabulous.

    Also, live the ombré! I've been doing several clients in ombré lately. Yours looks fab. Do you do it yourself, or do you have someone do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I meant LOVE the ombré, not live :)

    Oh yes, and I forgot.... Congrats on six years!! Happy day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So really, my house was disastrous!! I was lucky enough to not get the load of it in the picture! Are everybody's homes super messy until the kids go to bed, like mine?? I clean one mess up and suddenly the boys are interested in the toys and "Mess" I'd just picked up.. So back out it all comes! Kind of frustrating!! Thanks for your nice comment on my Ombre coloring.. Yes, I do go to someone to have it done (He is way TOO expensive), but its been such a fun color to have, I've really liked it! I have been doing a couple as well.. You got it, tutorials are on the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much goodness! Happy anniversary, it is si nice to getaway! And love your blazer, I have been wanting one for a while now:) adore your cute kiddos too!..of course!! Happy holidays chick~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Six years! That's real exciting. It's fun that you guys were able to get away. We've talked about trying out Zermatt, seems like such an amazing place.

    Love your reindeer food idea! That's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! Thanks for your sweet comment! p.s. your hair is AMAZING. I'm so jealous...love the color!
    xo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just now catching up on all my favorite blogs! (yours is at the to of that list) I wanted to tell you I had that exact same experience with glitter spray, I was trying to spray some sticks for christmas dinner decor...your idea:) found this beautiful blue and silver color and covered maybe 5 sticks? Loved the idea, disappointed with the quality. Anyway... I loved your flowers, very cool. I love seeing pics of those handsome boys too. I need to make salsa again, when I do I'll stock you up:) love you.

    ReplyDelete