Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hyde's 1st Birthday Party

Hyde had his 1st Birthday back on November 1st. I am a HUGE believer in having the party ON their actual birthday but with his BIG day being on a week night that also happens to be a SCHOOL night, we decided to throw the party on October 29th instead! I LOVE throwing a party and getting all the details together, so I'd decided to have a Nautical/Sailor themed birthday party for him this year.. Thanks to all of our Friends and Family that came, we sure missed those that couldnt make it.
That cute picture is of Hyde on his Actual birthday, and that is completely him. Huge smiler!

The table scape. Lanterns, candles burning in glass jars, message bottles, rocks n sand, yellow net, sailing fabric, a sailboat, gummie rings, gummie sharks, lemon bars, brownies, an oceanic boat cake, blue and white cake pops, strawberry crush, a life ring and ocean waves..

The birthday banner. It says Happy 1st Birthday Hyde

The Life ring that I'd found at Zurchers for 3 dollars

Scraping stickers that I glued onto skewer sticks

Hyde's very own Ombre wave sailboat cake. Dont look too closely, this was my VERY 1st try at playing with fondant..

The beverages.. I am not sure why everything is prettier in bottles! So I found the only red drink in bottles that were reasonably priced, strawberry crush.. I apologize if it wasn't any good, but it looked cute, right?!

Another view of the masterpiece

The sharks.. I am not really one that has any issues with texture, however, these I sorta had a hard time eating.. BUT they looked good

I have this strange kind of love affair with the DI and Savers.. Its a sickness really, but a have come to admit it and I have No shame.. So all of my glass for my parties has come from there for real cheap. One mans trash is another mans treasure!

Another view

The cake waiting for its grand entrance in the fridge.. I am quite proud of it, I made the ombre waves look glassy by painting sugar water over the top. The sand is crushed Graham Cracker

The cake pops

Seriously, I love all of that shiny glass.

Now that I think about it, I should have written Hyde a letter and shoved it in one of those bottles and saved it for Hyde when he turns 18 or when he reaches some HUGE milestone in his life.. O WELL

The waves are just Blue poster board suspended from the ceiling.

The Sailboat

One thing that Hyde is very interested in at 1- BALLS.. He LOVES this one

The cake dive.. Why oh why is this a tradition when babies turn 1?? It is SO messy

Our Family! I have LOVED being a Mother. When we had Hyde that LOVE was Magnified 100 fold.. We have BAD days and we have GOOD days just like everyone else, but I would not trade any of these experiences for all the riches of the world! We have been one Blessed little growing Family..
Some things about Hyde at 1:

He is Mr. Cheese
He loves pointing at EVERYTHING
He adores his big brother
He says "More" in Sign Language but wont say it
He throws the cutest/funniest little tantrums by throwing his body forward while sitting down
He walks if we are holding his hands
He dances by shaking his entire body to ANY sort of music
He thinks I am so funny
He Whips his head back n forth to Willow Smith's song I Whip My Hair
He feels like he needs to be standing while he eats
He drives the toy cars and trucks around while crawling. This is the CUTEST thing ever, Coasten NEVER did this at his age..
He stopped drinking Formula from a bottle a week before his 1st birthday and now drinks whole milk from a sippy cup
He is the more "Chill" child out of the 2
He is a Mommas boy to the core
His thumbs are very double jointed
He loves to chase and be chased by anyone especially Coasten
He FREAKS when he cant get in the bath or shower and tries to take his clothes off
He completely understands everything I tell or ask him to do
His Sweet little girl buddy was born the day after his birthday on the 2nd
He gives the cutest little open mouthed kisses... Sometimes we get the tongue thrown in too.. LOL
He STILL wont feed himself.. UGH.. King Tut I tell ya
He has such an adorable contagious laugh
He has said, Uh oh, Hi Dad, Mom, Touch down, Ball and Bath
He has 6 teeth and likes to brush them
He is wonderful while getting his hair cut every 2 weeks, He has SO MUCH HAIR
He has a bigillion nicknames: Hyde-ster, Hyder, Handsome, Schmantsy Pants, Pantsy, Pants, Ster Monst, Ster, and Puh-puh... I know weird right?

Hyde, you make my heart melt.. You are so good with your big brother, sometimes I think you are just as big as he is.. I KNOW you feel the same too! It has been so fun to closely watch every second as you grow up. You were an EASY baby and I know that you are going to be the child that continues to be EASY as you grow into your teenaged years. Thank you for joining our Family, its hard to imagine that there was once a time that we didnt have you with us..
WE SURE LOVE YOU HYDE

6 comments:

  1. What a cute party theme! You are seriously amazing at throwing parties ... jealous ... I want to go to one! Hopefully we can meet up with you guys when we come to town next week. I think Nate and Justin are trying to plan something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling party! we will just call you martha! the cake looks awesome too~ happy birthday cute hyde!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved everything about the party, especially seeing YOU! :) lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - Shana, you continue to amaze me - I want to be more like you. You throw the best parties and come up with the cutest ideas. Your kids are going to LOVE it growing up! How lucky! Hyde is so cute! Thanks for posting these cute things about your little boy so I feel like I know him haha! Great job on the party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow!! I have to agree with everyone, you are amazing. What a fun talent you have to decorate so amazing. You have such cute kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you not the cutest family ever?!!
    oh im so glad you found me shan, its been too long. im doing okay - honestly this year has about done me in, but im certainly looking forward to a new start in 2012! so happy to hear from you, and i must add to the admiration of such a lovely family! i bet you are the best mom :)

    ReplyDelete